Friday 30 November 2012

Haunted Infinity Mirrors







I made an infinity mirror with a ghost image in it, I wanted it to be like the Peppers Ghost illusion but the mirror film I used was too see through.   I tried putting just an image without the mirror behind the frame and that worked better but I preferred the infinity effect.





 I added a second layer of mirror film to the glass to see if that would make it more opaque when the lights were off.   It worked a bit better than the single layer.  When the mirror was on the floor, the infinity effect made it look as though there was a pit in the floor.



 I put some candles in it to see what it looked like and I really liked the affect, but unfortunately candles wouldn't be safe to have lighting in it all the time.




 Because I liked the way the candles looked, I made another version with yellow lights.












 The mirrors looked best when the lights were switched off.













I layered the two frames which looked cool too as it had more light reflections.  With the frames layered and only the yellow lights on it still looked like there were blue lights too because of the blue tint to the window film.

I really liked the effect of the infinity mirrors.  I think some of them looked a slightly alter-ish or religious but I liked that too.  I found using different lights like the blue lights, yellow lights and candles interesting.  I'd like to see what happens if I try even more light effects such as frosted or stained bulbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment