Thursday 6 December 2012

Mirror Wall

I wanted to display all my mirrors as a whole, as if on an old wall in a house.  I went to get some wallpaper but I didn't find any I liked so I made painted some myself on large sheets of paper stuck together using doilies as stencils to create the design. I really like how it turned out because it looks kind of old and distressed and as if it's been affected by dampness in parts.  I was planning on displaying it out in the corridor but the walls there were too hard to push thumbtacks into and tape would not have been strong enough to hold both the paper and the mirrors. I ended up hanging it on my wall above my desk as I was able to use thumbtacks there.


I want to put the infinity mirror in the middle of the piece of wallpaper but when I tried it fell which made cracks in the mirror.  I still think it looks OK like this as some of my mirrors were meant to look broken anyway and the cracks kind of radiate out from the figure in the middle but I think it might make it more difficult to hang so I may end up replacing the mirror when I get some hooks to hang it by.  I also added a frame to it which I painted silver. I chose silver as I thought it went well with the blue lights. I did this to make it look more like the kind of mirror you would find hanging on a wall.  I also want to add my other infinity mirror to the wall, maybe below the first one or in one of the bottom corners. 




I like the way the shards of mirror in the above image kind of distort reflections.

No comments:

Post a Comment