Thursday 25 October 2012

Holograms with reflections-plans

I came across a video that shows how to make a kind of hologram using clear plastic, paper and a phone screen. The 'hologram generator' uses reflections to create an illusion of a floating object within it and as I have been looking at illusions created by reflections I found this quite interesting. I want to try variations of it such as a larger one using a computer monitor or a projector/light box. I also want to see what will happen if I use more than four sides or if I were to make it conical and have the image in a continuous circle instead of multiple views of an image. Another idea I have is to make films or gifs of the same thing from four different angles to make a moving hologram but for this I would need access to at least four cameras and tripods at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment